Sunday, December 7, 2008

things you do not want to be told while taking a shower

when you have been awake since 4AM because your youngest child does not believe in sleep, and you make it to 9AM and everyone has been fed and clothed and the kitchen has been cleaned up and you decide to go take a shower, this is what you do NOT want to hear.

"umm, Momma?" asks daughter
"yes?" you answer
"umm, I have something to tell you that probably won't make you smile"
RED LIGHTS AND WARNING SIRENS INSTANTLY GO OFF INSIDE MY HEAD
"what happened?" I asked, as I rinse the shampoo out of my hair
"well, Luke kind of got th glitter and glittered the carpet"
"what carpet?" I ask, now hurridly rinsing
"the carpet in the family room"
and then in walks the littlest Little and he has blue glitter all over his chin and in his mouth. I guess he decided to eat some glitter while he was decorating?
"I'll be there in a minute" I say, "take L outside for a few minutes"

so, after vacuuming glitter and wiping off chins and making a baby drink water to rinse out the glitter mouth....both older Littles are sentenced to doing hard labor today. they admitted they went to the kitchen for a snack while I showered(they ate waffles like 5 minutes prior to this, why they needed a snack I have no idea)and left the gate open. thus allowing L access to the kitchen with the glitter on the counter which he had to move a chair over to the counter to get to the glitter. all of this happened and neither of them noticed their brother was A)missing, B)making lots of noise in the kitchen by himself, or C)not in the family room playing blocks like he was 1 minute earlier. therefore, windows will be washed, leaves will be raked, floors will be swept, and poop will be scooped in the backyard.


Hark, The Herald Angels Sing

No comments: