Thursday, December 4, 2008

the climber has struck

he did it. he learned how to climb out of his crib. 3 times. no broken bones or injuries other than my family's eardrums from the screaming.

he did it for the first time at 12:03AM. wth was he doing awake at 12:03? I heard the thunk...and then the scream. I ran over there, opened the door to see him...not crying because he was hurt. no, crying because now he could not reach his blankie which had not made the trip with him.

I got him settled down, explained the dangers, got him all tucked in again.

2:42AM came the second thunk. same scenario as before.

now, you may ask yourself....why did she put him back in the crib? it was 2:42AM, that's why.

4:23AM and again with the thunk. I brought him to bed with us and he fell asleep immediately and then proceeded to kick the man in the ribs.

guess what I am buying today? no, no, not handcuffs or leashes. a toddler bed. my baby is getting a toddler bed. no more crib.

Sleigh Ride

No comments: