Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday's Festivities

today was the last day of school for the Christmas...err Holiday...err Winter Break. daughter got to wear pajamas to school. she was thrilled with just that. she also had a party at 10AM. so, I dropped them off at school and told them I would be back...sort of "Terminator" style.
now, usually, the little man goes down for a nap at 10:30ish. now I knew today would be an off day, so I tried to feed him like crazy so that he would be stuffed and therefore somewhat sluggish and not run like a madman throughout the school. (this is only my third child...you'd think by now that I would know that a 1 yr old and a school full of kids does not mesh for a "restful" day)
we arrived. had the monkey backpack leash. was going to use it for the first time. this is a huge deal for me....I never thought I would be one of those Mommas who leash their children. and then I had baby #3. I will never, ever pass judgement on a fellow Momma again. the boy is wild and cannot be stopped.
but, I digress. we got there and got to daughter's classroom. and then learned that no, it's not just a class party...it's a Kindergarten music program as well. outside. and it's 80 degrees today. wonderful. nothing like sweating while in Christmas pajamas and singing Jingle Bells. wearing elf hats.



and then we had the class party and it went pretty well. little man ate more and then we said our goodbyes and headed across the campus to oldest son's class. that party was supposed to have already begun, but it had not even started yet. this was a problem, because I was hoping that we could make a quick appearance and head home for naptime.
we stayed for about 45 minutes before he was quickly headed to meltdown mode. I said our goodbyes to the teacher and we got the heck out of Dodge. he fell asleep in the car and we all got to relax a little bit.

he looks so peaceful and attentive here. and the Oscar goes to....





"HeatMiser" from The Year Without a Santa Claus

No comments: