Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa visited the Daisy Troop

today was my daughter's Daisy troop meeting. Daisies are the Kindergarten version of Girl Scouts. she loves it. she gets to see all of her buddies from preschool who all go to different schools now.
today they decorated cookies, ate cookies, drank hot cocoa, ate crackers, and passed out cookies to everyone for a cookie exchange.
and then...Santa Claus showed up! it was very funny to hear the different reactions from the various girls.
"He's not the REAL Santa. I saw the real one at the mall."
"He looks very real."
"I think his beard is really attached to his skin. I don't see a string."
"I think he's beautiful." (my daughter....always impressed by the shabang of a good outfit, that one.)

and then they did an ornament exchange. guess what she got? a Hannah Montana ornament. sooo, in honor of Miss Miley Cyrus....daughter chose the song for the day.


"Rockin Around the Christmas Tree...Hannah Montana style"

No comments: