Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tropical Rainy Day called Fay

so, no school today. we all pretty much expected this. the weathermen were predicting winds of 40 mph or so and lots of rain. we had enough wind to fly a kite and enough rain to wet the garden well. and that was it.

school could have been open.

but, it is closed again for tomorrow.

this Fay chick is really messing with the parents of Florida. these kids NEED to be in school.
we have had such cranky attitudes and tantrums today that I think the barometric pressure must be effecting their brains. my oldest had such a fit over dinner that I did something I have never done before. I stood up and told the man that if he thought a good spanking would do any good that he had my blessing to go ahead and do it. and then I took the baby and we left to go to the bathroom for bath time.
no spanking occurred, but there was quite a bit of screaming. makes for such a pleasant, relaxing family meal to have it end with threats and screaming.

this never happened on The Brady Bunch.

No comments: