Monday, August 25, 2008

ahhh, school IS IN!

wow, I have gotten so much accomplished today. the older 2 are at school and are riding the bus home, so I have some free time. free time. what a concept.
yesterday was spent at a bridal boutique. a poshy, friffy froo froo bridal boutique. and no, I am not getting married. my sister is getting married(for the 3rd time)and is having an all out wedding bash. so, I was able to drop the boys off with an uncle and a nephew and I took my daughter to go shopping. I am a bridesmaid and she is the flowergirl. she wasn't really all that pleased with the idea of looking at dresses at first. then, when she saw the racks of frilly, swirly, fluffy dresses in her size, she quickly made the turn to frantic "oooh, I like this one!", ""ooohhh, look at this one!", "wow...this one is soooooo Cinderellery". yes, she made up that word. also, the promise of a new WebKinz worked wonders. so, we all chose dresses and they will all be in the same color. the bride chose a flowergirl dress, but I had them hold off on ordering it. $150 for a little girl dress was a bit much, I thought. (and, lucky I did...I found one today for $30 that comes with a matching headpiece/tiarra! woohooooo! this Momma loves a bargain!)
and now we're at today, Monday. my daughter was very easy to get up this morning. surprisingly so. you know those moments when your child is really easygoing and quick to do exactly what you ask of them and you end up looking at them with a farawy look in your eyes as if you're thinking, "is this really my child? did the bodysnatchers make an appearance last night while she slept???". anyways, she got right up and ate breakfast and was sitting on the couch, fully dressed by the time my older son got up. he is what we call, "morning challenged". he is so going to be a coffee drinker one day. he needs to roll around and stretch and grumble. a lot. once he is awake, he's generally a pretty pleasant kid. at what age would introducing coffee be acceptable to speed the pleasantness along?

No comments: