Monday, August 11, 2008

oh my....teeth are killing me

not my teeth. my baby's teeth. in the past 3 weeks he has gone from 3 teeth and me worrying and looking up every known syndrome as to why he would only have 3 teeth at 16 months old to now having at least 13 teeth in his mouth.
and yeah, laugh all you want at the dental hygienist who cannot get a good look at her own child's mouth long enough to get a current tooth count. the child has way more joints than normal and can wriggle out of any hold. and then he can scream pretty loud, too.
I've Motrined him. I've Teething Tableted him. I've frozen waffled and frozen washclothes the little man. Baby Orajel. teething toys. wooden spoons. a dog rawhide(new, unused..until the dog saw what was happening and promptly walked over and snatched it up and went to lay down on her bed and looked at me like I was the worst traitor known to mankind.
this may sound strange, but I'm so glad I get to go to work tomorrow and deal with other people's teeth. it's like a mini vacation. I deal with 1 single person per hour. and none of them say anything like "Momma, Momma, Momma......", and then forget midsentence what their point was.

No comments: