Friday, June 6, 2008

well, I can now say I have a 3rd grader and a Kindergardener

yikes.

so I had the parent teacher conference with my son's teacher and was relieved to hear all good things and that he is, indeed, brilliant, in his own way. very artistic. loves to write short stories. still struggles with telling time and making change. however, he can add, subtract, multiply and divide. his handwriting is somewhat legible now, also. got some names to ask for teachers for next year for him.

also spoke about my daughter and got some names for possible teachers for her. I have no fears for her, she's ready to skip K and go right into third grade with her brother if it were up to her.

thankfully, the baby slept through the whole conference. he was tuckered out from filed day that happened earlier. he was a trooper and went from station to station in 90+ degree heat for 3 hours. I think a few sprinklers and a water balloon fight would be better. I'll make sure to maybe not be the only class Mom there for this next year. do you know how difficult it is to push a stroller loaded down with 18 water bottles(cuz the kids all thought the stroller was there for me to carry their stuff...poor baby was stuffed amongst plastic all morning)and then finding each individual water bottle for each child numerous times? yeah, Momma had a beer when we all got home.

No comments: