Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I have not banned all mention of Happy Father's Day like I previously said I would do.


there, fine, I'm a big fat liar liar pants on fire. I'm OK with that.
we have said Happy Father's Day. we have made the man his favorite 2 meals (steak and spaghetti with meat sauce, yeah, he's my favorite carnivore), a card was made, much hugging and kissing and singing has happened.


which brings me to another favorite guy of mine, my Dad. he is in his old person cabin right now, in North Carolina. and if any of you ever wonder what the weather is there, please feel free to call him. he loves to tell you the exact weather conditions, every time you call, even if it's still the same day. today was 64 and chilly. they even needed a blanket last night. and the rain gauge read 1.16 inches. I get these informative tidbits EVERY TIME I CALL. and every time he tells me this crap, I wonder to myself...wth does he care what the weather is doing? he is retired. it's not like the weather is gonna mess up his 9AM coffee with cream and newspaper time. but, he loves it.(and I should mention, the man is reading over my shoulder right now and thoughtfully pointed out that The Weather Channel is listed under my favorite places and the apple does not fall from the tree, hee hee hee. well, listen, if your ass paid attention to The Weather Channel you would not have been trying to drive to work during Hurricane Floyd in 1999 when your wife was ready to pop at any given moment with your firstborn. and what about Hurricane Charley where you left us sitting in the closet with 2 children, a dog and 2 cats and then you got stuck at the Happiest Place on Earth because of fallen trees. oh yeah, I hold a grudge, buddy. if I am going to be stuck inside a master bedroom closet with all 3 of our children and pets, you damn well will be right there with me next time. Mr. "Oh I'm So Unworried and Not Phased that We Live in Hurricane Central USA because my Wife is a Weather Maniac").
wow, I didn't realize I had so much anger still inside of me pertaining to weather. got a bit off-topic, sorry.
so, it's Father's Day 2008. do you think he would fall for it if I told him he gets to spend Father's Day taking care of the kids while Momma takes a nap? because he is a good Daddy. the kids tell me so all of the time. especially in the mornings when they tell me what he fed them for breakfast while I was in the shower. (cole slaw, leftover spaghetti, and blueberry muffins) breakfast of champions.

No comments: