Saturday, June 28, 2008

oh dear Jesus, rodents that I did not purchase are in my garage

Lord....I bought and paid for 4 hamsters in my lifetime. 2 have passed away and have been given a nice Christian burial in our backyard. 2 are currently very happily running like crazy on their wheel in the family room, inside their cage.
however, I have just seen 4 additional rodents in my garage that I did NOT purchase from Petsmart.



SHIT!!!!!!! there are mice in my garage. there are mice in my garage. omg. mice.
and, they looked very...healthy. what if they are pregnant and give birth to a million little tiny mice in my garage?
shudder. shake. twitch. sweat.
the children have clearly seen way too much Animal Planet. their response after Momma collected herself and was able to speak and tell them what was in the garage...
son "cool! can we keep them?"
daughter "are they carnivores?"
no, ewwwws, icks, yikes, or screams. who's children are these kids, anyways? I had to tell them about all of the terrible diseases and the huge knife like fangs on wild mice to keep them out of the garage. (a little white lie here and there is OK as long as you are a Mom. I'm sure Mary told Jesus to stay away from bugs because they were evil at some point in his childhood. then of course, he went and blessed everything and made it all "part of His world". sheesh, He could have left out the mice as part of God's living creatures"

the man was ever so helpful. (insert extreme sport eye rolling here)I called him, and told him as calmly as I could about the giant flesh eating, disease yielding, evil rodents that are calling our garage, "Home Sweet Home".
his response- "well, keep the door shut". noooooo, really? I was pondering keeping the door open and maybe setting out a cheese ball for the little effers.
then he says- "we have traps. I know we have traps. in fact, they may be out in the garage. hahahahahaha (not me laughing) you wouldn't want to go out there and see if the traps are on my workbench, would you?"
I believe the silence was enough of an answer here.
so, I now have 2 more hours before he gets home. 2 hours to see little things moving on the ground out of the corner of my eye.
maybe I could call the neighbor and borrow her cat for the night.

No comments: