Sunday, September 28, 2008

party fun and Halloween preperations

so yesterday was my son's birthday party. we had it at an indoor playground with those huge bounce houses and slides all over the place. you know, an air conditioned Florida type party where the parents can have free wifi access and coffee while their children run around like maniacs for 2 hours. it went well.
it was so great, in fact, that another of his friends was having his birthday party at almost the exact same time. the other little boy is not in my son's class this year, so I didn't feel too embarrassed that we were both there at the same time and a few of the boys were party hopping from room to room because they had been invited to both. we finally just opened up the connecting doors and the kids had fun having a bite of his cake and our cake, our pizza/their pizza, they had soda, we had juice boxes.all in all, it was a lot of fun for the kids and my 9 year old had a blast.

the birthday boy in blue with some buddies(and yeah...he's a head taller than everyone and these boys are all the same age)












today was spent with me putting together a Lego race car. (my sister bought this for my son, and yes, he attempted to put it together and then had a whole handful of extra parts left over and the wheels wouldn't move and the only thing that looked right was the driver. so, I snuck it away and re-assembled the thing.)hey, I only had 4 parts left over when I was done. and the wheels spin.
now my daughter has decided she wants to have her birthday party here, too. fine. easy. except she has 10 months until her next birthday. she's a planner, that one.
speaking of planning, the kids have their Halloween costumes decided upon already! oldest son is going to be a Dementor(a present) and is thrilled. he is not so thrilled that I refused to buy the Dementor dead hands that can be added to the costume. they're creepy looking dead hands with long nails. we'll pass.
daughter has gone from being a princess to a dead princess to a flying monkey to a karate girl. she can wear her brother's karate outfit and that's pretty easy. little man will be a monkey. the whole costume is very fitting as I extract him dailey from high places that I was sure he could never reach and he does so with apparent ease. he also happens to love bananas. and, hey, the costume is cute.

No comments: