Thursday, September 4, 2008

hoomicanes and other weather news

we had this discussion this morning...
E "there are 3 storms now, Momma"(watching the morning news)
me "yes, but hanna is headed north of us, up to where grandpa lives"
E "well, where should we move to? there must be somewhere that doesn't get these, these, hoomicanes"


omg, I had to literally swallow a gulp of coffee that burned my throat to keep myself from laughing. she was so serious. once the burning stopped, I showed her on the map where hurricanes hit. then we discussed tornado alley. then we discussed earthquakes, blizzards, heavy rain areas, desert conditions, volcanos, and eskimos came up as well. so, you see, hurricanes are OK. at least we can know ahead of time where it is and what to do to get ready. she was OK with this explanation and then asked me if we chose to live in Florida because of the hoomicanes.
I just smiled and said, "yes, yes we did"

No comments: