Thursday, October 2, 2008

one of THOSE moments

I know you've had a moment like this. every woman has them at some point or another. OK, maybe Bella has never had a moment like this with Edward. but well, he's a vampire, so I'm not sure if I can include them in my discussion.
but he is very nice to look at.
and Emmett, I like Emmett.
OK, back to topic....

so last night after dinner, we(meaning I) decided we would go for a family walk. I needed to get in at least 30 minutes or so of good walking and I decided the whole family should come along. the weather was nice, it was still daylight...why not, right?
so, I walk/run with baby in stroller.
the man walks, in flip flops.(don't ask...he told me halfway through the walk that he thought we were just going for a leisurely stroll, not sweat walking)
son #1 is on roller blades.
daughter is on bike.
the walk went well. I ran a bit, got a honk and a "woohoo" from a truck(which I could not respond to...because I was running and slowly dying at this point, but it did give me a bit of a lift that apparently some man out there in this world enjoyed seeing me run. with a stroller. and 2 other kids about 20 feet in front of me. and my husband about 20 feet behind me. but, whatever. thank you truck man for giving me that split second thought of, "oh, really? you like?".
then we turned around and went back. we got to the point where the trail crosses the road near our subdivision. a really BUSY road. stupid planning. so, the kids got there and waited for us. we have a drink of water and wait for our chance to cross the road. a time comes, and the man yells "go across!" and son #1 roller blades across while the man jogs across. daughter is at a dead stop on her bike and cannot just start riding across the street with no help/push. I'm behind her with the stroller. man and son #1 are now across the street and daughter is starting to roll. except now a car is coming. I scream at her to stop and then proceed to call my husband a few choice names and scream at him across the street. a Mom stopped and blocked traffic with her car so we could cross.(thank you, fellow Momma)
he tells me he was trying to help. yes.....seeing my child mowed down by a car right in front of me and the rest of the family would be ever so helpful. I told him(and I said this in front of the kids, which I now feel badly about)that that was the effing most irresponsible father moment of his life thus far. and if another such moment should happen, he'd better pray that I was not there to see it.
yeah, so, one of those moments where you question your life choices. a normally intelligent, good man does a really stupid thing. and you get to watch it all happen in front of you.
as my daughter would say..."ahhh, good times. good times."

No comments: