Monday, September 22, 2008

so, perhaps I am having a midlife crisis

it just occurred to me that maybe that is what is happening to me. I am 38, turn 39 in January. I assume that qualifies me as middle aged.
let's see. I decided to write a book. I have had this thought in my head for a long time, but this is the first time I have actually committed myself to sitting down at least 3 times a week to seriously write it all out. the story is all in my head. but, it's long and it takes a lot longer to write it all out than what I had thought. but, I am working on it and I am happy with it so far.
I also just recently signed up to participate in the 2009 Walt Disney World Half Marathon. yeah, me. in an organized sporting event. go figure. I am doing it with a group from church for a charity and will post more info on this soon. (I have not gotten all of the info yet) so, yeah...13 miles. I can do that, right?
let's see, what else? I went blond and traded in the family mobile for a shiny red sports car.





yeah, that last part was a lie. I can't fit 3 kids into a shiny red sports car. and the man wouldn't fit in a shiny any color sports car. his legs don't fit in sporty cars. and, I don't have the patience for the upkeep on roots.



so all in all, writing a book and walking/crawling 13 miles for charity isn't so bad for a midlife crisis. I've seen much worse on TV.

No comments: