Thursday, September 25, 2008

PTA fun

OK, let me preface this statement by saying that I am not THAT PTA MOM that we all know. and you know what I'm talking about.... the Mom who is at school every flipping day and knows every member of the front office staff and cafeteria by first name and looks like she works there, but no, she is just hanging out at school everyday. I'm there maybe once a week. well, every other week.
so anyways, I volunteered for a job for the PTA. officially, every parent has to volunteer 15 hours per child enrolled each year at our school. not a lot, when you consider how long the school year is. an hour here or there. you can take home stuff from the teacher's to do at home.(I just cut out 22 "forms of transportation" for my daughter's K class). OK, so I can write down that I spent 1 hour cutting out shapes. easy, right?
apparrantly not.
apparrantly it is really difficult to even fill out the freaking form. the form that consists of your name, your child's name, and the teacher's name. mind boggling.
and how do I know it's so hard? because it is my job to add up all of the volunteer hours for the K parents. so I have gone in 3 times to do this so far. after the first time, I saw that the majority of the K teachers did not even HAVE the forms in the folders. I sent out an email to them, asking if they had them in their rooms? drop them off to Mrs. so and so and I will get them and I will file them for you.
no response.
I went in the second time, no changes.
I went in today, yeah...no changes. so, I asked the receptionist to print me up all of the K students names by class. I sat my butt down and filled out forms for all of these lazy ass parents and the book is now complete.
now, wanna hear the funniest thing? another Mom was there doing the same thing for
3rd grade. (and yes, my form was in there! lol) this Mom was huffing and sighing and making all of these exasperated noises next to me. I asked her if she was OK.(really, I wanted to say, "can you shut up? I'm trying to get this done and get out of here!") so she said, "ugh! half of these classes don't even have all of their forms! there are 3 forms for this class, 5 forms for this one. is that all the students that the 3rd grade has?". umm, no. 3rd grade is one of the largest groups. there are I think 6 3rd grade classes. so I tell her what I did, and she says, "oh, I didn't realize this job was going to be so taxing."
this job is taxing?
really?
what are you used to doing? going for pedicures dailey?
if that job is taxing, I would LOVE to know what this woman does all day.
oh, and I finished and left. she was still there, breathing heavily.

No comments: