Thursday, May 29, 2008

more man funnies

I am currently making 18 children's t shirts for field day at son's school. they are representing Japan, and they are wearing white t shirts with red circles, and the teacher is writing "Japan" in Japanese inside the circle. she chose this, I have no idea what the other classes are doing for their country. if they show up with plain shirts and a country's name written on them, I may be a bit peeved. my other thought was this...and maybe this is from me being raised in the South and having some very pro-military family members, but my concern was this,"will any of the kid's parents be upset that their kids are representing a country that bombed us and killed a LOT of people?". now, true, most 2nd graders do not know what Pearl Harbor is or what happened there. but, back to my point...I have 18 t shirts scattered throughout the kitchen and garage with red circles of paint drying on them.
the man came home and his response was this... "hmmm, making shirts?"
I love this man. his simple and to the point thought process never ceases to amuse me. I answered with a bewildered look and a "what? what do you mean?"(cuz I can be evil)
man->"well, did you see all of the shirts in the kitchen?"
no, I have been at home all day and have not wandered through the room called the kitchen once. the children have eaten directly from the garden and drank rainwater all day. we haven't ventured into the...dum da dum dummmm.... KITCHEN.
me->"umm, yeah. what do you think? do you like them?"
"well, they're all the same" (seriously, I can't make this stuff up)
"mm hmmmm"
man->"well, were they supposed to be all the same?"
"yes, they are for ****'s class. everyone will have matching shirts"
"oh, well, then you did pretty good. they match"

now, notice there is no mention of the red circle design or what the importance of that design is. all he was concerned about was that perhaps his wife just spent a lot of time making 18 shirts look exactly alike and maybe she did not mean for that to happen but, since she did want that to happen, it's all good. you know, looking at this conversation makes me think that the man really has concerns over my psychological capabilities. let's see him take care of 3 children, a dog and a fish and a house and make 18 shirts and not loose your mind.
now that would be entertaining to watch.

No comments: