Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Room Mom adventures

so, I think I have mentioned that this year I became "Room Mom" for my son's class. did not actually apply for this position, but I have taken it on and have had fun getting to know the kids and the teacher this year. I tackled the school carnival and only had to actually call a few parents to ask them ever so nicely when I could expect their "stuff" for the class basket. I sat at the class booth the entire carnival doing temporary tattoos. I had lots of volunteers on paper. the one that did show up had never applied a temporary tattoo before and destroyed 5 of them on 1 poor little child before saying, "oh, I'm not good at this" and she left. uhhh, it's a little piece of paper, a sponge, and you count to about 30 in your head. it's not rocket science. she could have stayed so I could go grab something to eat and/or drink(no rum, Holly), at least. but poof, she was outta there. I think she is definitely not a tattoo person.
so now I learn about something called "Field Day". I am not entirely sure what happens, but each class had to choose a country to represent, and son's class chose Japan. teacher wants each child to have a "Japan" t-shirt. white shirt with a red circle and then they will each write in Japanese "Japan" on it. I am currently on shirt #6. 13 to go. hey, it's a holiday weekend, what plans could I possibly have?
tomorrow is my daughter's graduation from pre-school. and today she is now officially registered for Kindergarten. she is so ready for school. she is completely prepared to walk in and take over that joint. "I have a big brother and he is going to third grade next year and I know where the bathroom is already so I am gonna rock Kindergarten." this is what my sweet girl told the guidance counselor today during registration. yeah...I think I saw her make a note of her name for future reference.
in other exciting family news, my littlest one has discovered a new use for the stove. it is no longer a cooking appliance, it is a fort.

No comments: