Tuesday, May 20, 2008

well, the day started off well...


older son was this week's Terrific Kid at his school! there was a little ceremony with cookies and juice and a certificate saying he is indeed, "terrific" and was attended by the Principal(who does actually exist...every other time I try to see her she is "out"). he had a great time, the baby threw up on me, and everyone enjoyed their cookies.
got wiped up as much as possible with baby wipes and walked the kids back to their classroom, smelling like puke. lovely scent you're wearing today, Mrs. F...why thank you, it's "eau de bebe"...the latest fashion.
so, the plan was to get home and take baby and me into the shower. baby fell asleep, so I put him to bed and as I was about to get into the shower, I decided to check on our hamster quickly. she has been acting a bit odd lately and not looking so great. we have had her for 2 years, and she is usually a very happy, lovable hammy. but lately, she did not come to your hand when you put it into the cage to pick her up/pet her...she just wanted to be left alone and her eyes were getting cloudy and she started loosing her hair.
so, Momma instinct told me to check on her. yep, she was gone:( all curled up in her little nest, eyes closed.
Cutie 2007

so, we had a hamster funeral. my daughter chose the place and picked a flower and said a little prayer. it was cute, she said something about how now Cutie could have as many squeaky wheels to run on as she wanted because now she could run on them in Heaven and not wake us up every night. that's my girl...sleep is very important. (see previous post)
now I have to break the news to my son, the hamster was "his". (but in Momma terms that means he chose her and the color of the cage and liked holding her once the cage was cleaned, the water bottle was filled, the food dish was filled and the hamster was smelling good. in other words, I took care of her, but she was his pet.)but, he will be very upset. he loved this little hamster so much. he would walk around the house with her in his pocket, and every now and then, she would peek her head out to see what he was doing. she seemed to especially enjoy when he played Gamecube and she could sleep in his pocket:)
goodbye, Cutie. you'll be missed.....

No comments: