Monday, May 26, 2008

I am a foster Momma!

so the other day, I noticed this bird kept flying and circling out mailbox. she has been a little annoying, really. if I go out to the mailbox, she starts to get a little nervous and will close in and fly in closer circles, like she is getting ready to dive at me at any given moment.
well, I guess a few brain cells were damaged in the 80's. it never occurred to me until this morning that maybe she had a nest inside the jasmine bush that surrounds our mailbox.
so, how did I start my 2008 Memorial Day? why, I walked out to my mailbox at 6:45AM to look in the bush.
and guess what???? there are 3 baby birds in there. this Momma bird is a genius! she has the best nest spot I have ever seen! the mailbox has a "Y" support, with the mailbox screwed into the tops of the Y. the nest is directly underneath the mailbox and completely covered by the jasmine bush. I had to push the bush a bit to see them, and the Momma was not too happy with me. but, I think she knows I am a Momma, too, and us Mommas, well, we like to look at each others babies, right?
I have no idea when they hatched,
but here they are today 5/26/08~


















and here is ds, showing how well the nest is hidden~


















and today, 5/29...
they are getting a bit louder now and were not
too happy that I was not their Momma with yummy worms!

No comments: