Monday, May 19, 2008

Snooze Button Wars

we've been married a long time. almost 15 years long. we know one another very well. I can tell when he walks in the door if he is in a good mood/ bad mood/ tired/ hungry/ let me go change clothes and leave me alone for 30 minutes mood. and he knows how unwell I deal with a lack of sleep.
I feel that the time has come for the man to have his very own alarm clock, on his side of the bed, within his arm's reach, and perhaps an earbud with the alarm attatched to him.
why do I say this? let me tell you waht my morning was like...
11PM- go to bed, long weekend of busy stuff...baby has a slight cold
3AM- baby wakes up, crying, stay up with him for an hour and then he falls back to sleep
4:15AM- radio goes on(alarm is set to radio)for the man...but he does not get up until 5, usually, so I assume he must have to get up earlier than usual today for some reason and push snooze button.
4:24AM- radio goes on again(snooze = 9 minutes)...I hit snooze button and ask him if he has to get up early today, he replies with a "ummphgrhhp"
4:33AM- radio again, I let it play for a few minutes. he then says, "grmppphhhannnoffff".
4:49AM- radio again. he asks me if I can hit snooze for him. I ask him if he thinks this is the 1st time I will be hitting snooze, because if I hit a button at this point it is the off button, not the snooze. he sits up, look sat clock, and says, "oh, yeah, snooze it. I've got a few minutes". excuse me? you have a few minutes? well than why is the alarm set to a certain time if you do not need to
be up at that time? my right arm needs the extra exercise? I think not. I turned it off.
5:22AM- he sits up quickly and bolts out of bed saying, "did you turn it off????"
I ignore him and sleep for my 45 more minutes.
my alarm is set for when I really intend on getting up and starting the day. it is not a "vague starting point".

No comments: