Friday, July 25, 2008

there... is... another... Sky...walker

yeah, so you know the scene is Star Wars where Yoda tells Luke that there is another Skywalker and then later Luke learns that Leia is his twin sister and all that jazz? (yes, you know...you remember, I see you nodding, Holly, thank you)
anyways, I am feeling that my baby and my oldest son are really the same person, split apart by 8 years. twins. the similarities are...uncanny.
first of all, they look exactly the same. I think maybe my oldest had a bit more hair at this point(15 months), but beyond that they are dead ringers for one another.
next, they both enjoy wooden spoons. my son pretty much took a wooden spoon and used that to teeth on, carry around, sleep with, etc. when he was a baby. yes, of course I had all of these really colorful, textured so called "real" teething toys. he wanted no part in them. this baby- same way. I just didn't even bother with a lot of toys this time around, he'll only play with a handful of toys and chew on that same freaking wooden spoon anyways.
the blankies. my children all have their very own blankies. even the 8 year old still has 1 special, ragged, holey, stained beyond cleaning blanket. he has it on his bed. it comes out in public if he is hurt, sick, or wanting to appear especially cute and trying to talk me into something. my daughter has 2. one is the blanket that matched the outfit she came home from the hospital in(awwww). and the other is another pink blanket that she just took a liking to. both of these are around dailey. they are constantly in her range. she can tell you excatly where the blankies are at any point in the day. when I steal them away for washing, she literally goes out to check the laundry every so often...someone might steal them or someothing, I guess? now the baby has 2. one was a gift from my sister and is a blue teddy bear head with a blue blanket body. this is "B.B." the other one is a blue velour/satin blanket that I got at WalMart while pregnant. the man was highly opposed to "his" son having satin...he got over it.
so, back to my clones. they have the same "looks" and expressions. the only difference is that the baby can't talk nearly as much as the 8 year old can. the 8 year old will sometimes look at me like he is thinking, "really? really? you're my Momma? this is the best I could get?". and today, I swear to you the baby had that same look. of course, this was after I almost dropped him head first while trying to slice a banana and let the dog out while holding him. don't ask...it all happened so fast it's a bit of a blur. the point is that my baby already knows that his Momma is a clutz who cannot multitask successfully. it took my other 2 until at least age 3 or so to learn this.
damn, I thought I had this Momma thing down better by now. (and no...I'm not trying for 4)

No comments: