Monday, July 28, 2008

rainy Sundays and forcing children to watch quality tv

so, yesterday was a very rainy, blah kind of Sunday. we ditched church. how bad am I that I am admitting to skipping out on God for a day? the thought of getting 3 children from the car to the church in rain and walking through a muddy field)they're doing construction at our church currently and the parking lot is in the filed)was too much for this Momma.
but, the day was not wasted! no, no, no. far from it, my friends. there was a marathon of Anne of Green Gables on! eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have not watched Anne of Green Gables in such a long time. actually, I never saw the whole series. but I did not know that until yesterday. I watched the adult years from when she was in New York with Gil and then when they got married and he went off to war and she followed to look for him and ahhhhh, they found one another again. now I feel the need to get the whole dang series and start out from the first episode.
and yeah, I forced the kids to watch with me. supplying them with copious amounts of popcorn helped. but the questions.....why is he doing that? what happened to the baby? why doesn't he have an arm? are they kissing because they like each other? was that a real gun? what happened next? is that Anne? she grew up on the TV? is she named Anne in real life? did she get paid to be Anne on TV? is that war still going on in France? I don't think I ever want to go to France, do you, Momma?
where's that Calgon?

No comments: