Sunday, July 27, 2008

oh my

who knew the mess one 15 month old could make with 1 mini powdered sugar doughnut?
I got him in his little chair, assortment of foods and a sippy of soy milk.
the phone rang. I decided to answer it since it was Sunday morning at 8:02AM. who calls at that time except if it is an emergency? it was the man, calling to tell me that he thinks he forgot his wallet and it may be in the laundry basket, can I go check? ummm, I just emptied laundry basket into washing machine moments ago. I run out to garage and stick my hands into the now sudsy waters and pull out 2 pairs of work shorts. no wallet. I fell around the bottom, no wallet. I race back to the phone and say, "no wallet".
guess what he says? "oh, I know. I just found it on the bottom of my backpack".
virtual whack-a-man-head time

so I return to the family room. and find the chair now empty of a 15 month old, but he has left me a trail.....

and...I found him! he had not actually eaten the whole doughnut, but instead decided it was just as much fun to smear it onto his face. and the couch. and everything else he passed within touching distance.

good thing he's so cute.

No comments: