Saturday, July 5, 2008

the man is not organizable

not sure if that is really a word, organizable. but, he is incapable of it.
since we had the rodent visitors in the garage, we have now gone through and cleaned everything and gotten rid of stuff that has been sitting on shelves for almost 15 years. so, I asked him if I got a clear container for the smaller yard tools, would that work to keep them all togehter on the shelf? he said yes, good idea. I took that to mean that he agreed with me and that yes, a container would be helpful. obviously, I was mistaken.
I got the container, brought it home.
set it down next to the shelf that was now clean, with absolutely nothing on it. all of the "stuff" was on the garage floor.
I continue on inside, put away groceries, vacuum, care and feed 3 children, etc. I'm thinking all along, "ahhhhhh, the man is organizing. this is so nice. I'm going to walk out there and see a shelf that I can see what is on it. and not see little hideaway spots where rodents could be lurking, ready to jump out at me.
I walk outside, and the man is smiling, he is happy and pleased with himself. I look at the shelf, and yes, it is clean. but, all of the "stuff" is piled right back onto the shelves. the new clear container is sitting on the floor, next to the shelf. empty.
he looks proudly at me and says, "guess we didn't need that container anyways. it all fits."
so, while he is gone tomorrow, I'll fix it. and organize it.

and, just wanted to add that Tropical Storm Bertha, if it stays on its' projected path, is heading right for me. yes, TWC is one of my favorite channels on the remote.(for those of you not familiar, TWC= The Weather Channel...a very important channel in Florida come June 1 every year). and yes, the man is already laughing at me with my Hurricane Box list. let's just see who's laughing when he needs a few squares of toilet paper. or water. or food. yeah, you go on laughing. when we need a few extra AA batteries in December, who always has them left over from the Hurricane Box? mmm hmmmm, me.

No comments: