Saturday, July 26, 2008

learning the lingo

OK, my son decided to quiz me on my "coolness". hmmph, he questions my coolness, does he? why I once dated someone with bright blue hair and an earring before every guy and his brother had an earring. and the blue hair was on a 20 something.
why, I went through a Goth period before it was cool to be pale.



"you're so off the hook"
OK, I got this wrong. I thought it meant "wow, you are so cool". he says it means "you are in so much trouble". then he started to explain it further and Hannah Montana and Mickey Mouse were involved and then he said forget it. on to the next.

"you're fly"
well come on.....everyone knows this one. it means you are really Jeff Goldblume and you are making a remake of "The Fly" and failing miserably to live up to Jeff's portrayal of the bug-man.
OK...I think this means "you're cool". he said I was close enough.

"I need to fast back it to the right part"
ummm, ?????????????
oh, he isn't asking me a cool question, he is actually asking me a real life 8 year old question! he wants to rewind the show he is watching to watch a part again. "fast back"= rewind. fast back has a bit of a ring to it.

"what does the power card of Pokemon Pikachu do to the fire breathing Pokemon and then when they battle who do you think will win?"
yeah...I give up. no freaking clue.

No comments: