Monday, April 14, 2008

You may all rest easy tonight

because, "pink mee mee" has been found. she was involved in what my daughter was sure was some kind of evil plot against 4 yr old girls and went missing for 48 hours. the man attempted a search and rescue procedure, no dice. I got my 8 yr old in on the search, he could care less. I looked in all laundry baskets, washer and dryer, asked daughter to go look under her pillows and blankets and in the toys. no pink mee mee.
guess what I found when cleaning up toys tonight? inside the toy box labeled "Erin"...pink mee mee. laying right on top. practically waving at me. daughter was thrilled beyond belief and declared me "the most greatest Momma in all the land".
I called the man, told him the news. I asked him why he had not looked in the toys(like I asked you to). his response, "I did".
this leads me to yet another encounter with that mysterious male disorder I have named, surface scan vision. ssv is what men do. they open the refridgerator and yell out, "do we have ketchup?". the ketchup will always be in the door of the fridge. it has been kept there for 14+ years. it fits well in the door. if we have ketchup(which we always do...my children put ketchup on anything that will sit still), it is indeed in the fridge, in the door, where it always is. but he can stand there and not see it. so then I have to sigh and walk in there and point to it and say, "do you mean THIS ketchup?". it really gets tiresome after 100 times or so. but I am sure he most definitely DID look in the toys for pink mee mee and somehow did not see it and therefore it is in no way his fault his dughter wept herself to sleep last night and then climbed into bed with us at about 4AM because "she was worried pink mee mee was lonely".
oh, and just for those who do not know...a pink mee mee is a blanket that my daughter has loved on for almost 5 years now. it is a Carter's baby blanket that has a pink flower print side and a solid pink side. the name came from when she decided it was easier to say things were "me me" instead of "mine". and now, it is officially Pink Mee Mee. and it is resting comfortably in daughter's arms as we speak...umm, type, fast asleep.

No comments: