Thursday, April 10, 2008

I need a vacation

I love my family. I love my family. I love my family.


but sometimes, they drive me effing nuts. I wish it would not be frowned upon for Moms of the world to just go hire a fill-in Mom for a week or so and disappear. no phones. no TV. just lots of sunshine, big soft beds all to myself, alcoholic fruity drinks, and no children or men who want things from me allowed.
really, I would be just fine if I were allowed more than 3 hours of sleep per sleep period. the brain does not like it. I even somehow managed to incorporate a crying child into my dream and therefore did not get up right away to go see what was wrong. seriousley, I was dreaming that I was shopping for a new mattress(????don't ask who shops in dreams...I know someone who does)and a baby was crying in the background and I was thinking to myself, "self, don't listen to that baby. his Mother will take care of him. you are choosing a new mattress. this is really important. can't that Mom take care of that baby? he is probably hungry. sounds like a hungry cry. yep, sounds exactly like Luke when he is hungry. DAMN!!!!! it IS Luke!!!!!!!"
and I woke up, and had to make sure by sitting up in bed and looking at the baby monitor lights going up and down to tell myself what a horrible Momma I am for letting my baby cry throughout a dream.
I got up and took care of him...he was fine and did not seem too miffed at waiting an extra minute or 2 for his bottle. when I went back to bed, the man decided 3:32 was an awesome time to try to cuddle. not happening, man. this woman needs sleep. he moved back over when my elbow gently hit him in the stomach.
you know what? all is quiet. I must go to sleep now, I cannot pass up a chance of sleep. sure, laundry and dishes need to be done, but hey, unless I can get the man to sleepwalk and dream of being a servant boy for a night, they'll be there tomorrow.

No comments: