Monday, April 14, 2008

I may need some of those "happy" drugs

my friend has been very sick. she has been given a lot of very nice sounding "happy pills". I wonder if Holly could send me a pill or 2 by Friday?
what happens Friday? ohhhh, you are gonna love this.
Friday night, my son will learn how to break a board at karate. and the teachers were so nice, they invited my 4 year old daughter to come and learn it, too. the man is all excited to see it. he wants to try, too. I was sort of in an "ER emergency orthopedic surgery required with casts and pins and nerve damage and oh yeah the Mom need stitches in her head from where she fainted and fell" premonition daze.
I'm really not a good karate Momma.
I watch and wince and cover my eyes or pretend to be reading something very important but I am really watching, on the edge of my seat, ready to jump over the half wall to pick him up, do CPR, carry him to the hospital, whatever is necessary. and he has no clue how nervous this karate business makes me. I smile and put on a brave face for my 8 year old, and even give him a thumbs up every now and then, cheering him on. but in my mind, I really would not mind if he wanted to join the chess club.
so, back to Friday. when in life does one need to know how to break a wooden board with your hand? are there no saws available? what if you get a splinter? what if the board does not break and you end up with a broken hand instead?
yes, we'll have the camera to document this. Momma may need a strong drink by the time it is all over.
the thought of my son...hitting a wooden board with his hand...shudder.
and my little girl, with pink nail polish, hitting a board?...picture me keeling over right about then.
thank God they did not extend the special class invitation to the baby.

No comments: