Wednesday, October 8, 2008

why, how much do you want to know?

so, a little background info is needed for this to make sense....

a week ago, the man was complaining of a headache. I asked him if he had taken any meds. his response was no. I gave him Motrin and he took it and said something to the effect of "hey, that helped. thanks." fast forward a few days, head still hurts behind his left eye. he goes to the eye Dr. and they say his eye is fine, but dry. he needs to use wetting drops. does he? not unless I physically tell him to open up his eye and I put the drops in. and his head still hurts. the Motrin helps, but he has some odd aversion to taking medication.
Monday he tells me he has a rash on his scalp.
yesterday(Tuesday) he wakes up and his left eye is almost swollen shut and the rash is now covering half of his forehead.
he calls our family Dr. and since the last time he went there it was 2000, he is considered a new patient again. they can't see him until Thursday. I tell him no way, you are going to CentraCare today. so, I came home form work early and took over baby care and he left.
he calls me about 30 minutes later and tells me he has shingles!

so, he has been back to the eye Dr. no damage has been done to the eye, but he has to go back again tomorrow for another exam. he waited too long before being seen and the 3 day window for antiviral drugs has past, so basically he has to wait it out. Motrin, Benadryl and anti itching cream is what he is using now.
he did call in sick to work today. and he is sleeping right now. but he looks like Hell. not exactly "Happiest Place on Earth" ready right now. I think he'll be behind the scenes for a while. aftre all, he does not work at a scary skin disease factory. perhaps he can transfer to Universal Studios for a bit?
we did have a good laugh last night. I explained to the kids what shingles is and they listened very well. well, I thought they did. daughter then proceeded to ask Daddy how his pringles were feeling? lol

oh, and as of right now...the baby has a fever of 101. very cranky.
not happy. at all.

is this the chicken pox or due to the fact that his lower canine teeth are almost broken through the skin? we shall see. if a rash breaks out, then I guess the vaccine did not work quite 100%. if he gets more teeth and goes back to being his normally pleasant baby self, then the good news is that he'll be done with teething for quite some time. I *think* these are the last ones. little man does not give me much access to his teeth.

No comments: