Monday, October 13, 2008

the invisible momma

I am having one of those, "I must be invisible and mute, because no one is freaking listening to me when I say anything" moments.
yes I must have accidentally ingested the magic potion that makes me invisible. perhaps the children slipped it into my coffee?
want examples? sure ya do!
"E***, please put these shoes away. They do not belong in the middle of the kitchen floor."
silence
"1"
nothing
"2" I even spoke a bit louder this time.
no movement.
"3. you have just lost your DS for a day."
screaming, crying, pouting, alligator tears....pleads of "please! please! I was gonna do it, Momma".
yeah, the whole theory of "I was gonna do it" just does not fly. that implies that you heard me, chose to ignore me, consciously decided in your mind that yes, you would move your shoes, but only when you were darn well ready to do it and not 1 second before that. that is completely 100% not acceptable!

so, she lost her DS and then continued into a downward spiral of whining that landed her in bed by 7PM. and asleep by 7:15PM. the man thought I was callous and mean. the house was a LOT quieter without her screaming, though. the boys are so much easier...
it's that estrogen vs. estrogen that gets us into trouble.

No comments: