Thursday, September 13, 2007

I've joined the bloggers

hmmm, how have I survived Motherhood, Wifedom, and life in general without having my own blog? I keep a running blog in my mind, it goes 24/7 and documents every tiny thing that happens to me, my husband, my children and things that I wish would/would not happen. now, I'll type those interesting little tidbits out.
3 children are a LOT of work. the never stop. they always need food, water, clean clothing, and someone always needs some body part wiped. I strive for 3 things daily....a shower with no interruptions(best achieved at 6AM or 11:25PM), a nice strong cup of coffee with flavored creamer, and for myself and my children to get dressed each day. well, the last one now happens since school has started and the teachers generally frown on ScoobyDoo or Ariel jammies. and me, well, I kind of have to get dressed, too, since I have to walk the 4 yr old into class. and how are these other Moms so put-together and have styling products in their hair? there are a few who actually were outfits. I used to wear outfits. I used to wear make-up and get regular haircuts. now my ensemble of choice is shorts and either a white or black t shirt. I brush my hair and hope for the best that it will stay in somewhat of a part and when all else fails, a ball cap works wonders. sometimes, if I have an extra 3 seconds, I even put on lip gloss.
the husband is pretty much my 4th child. the man went through college on a basketball scholarship and yet his clothes land in a pile on the floor right next to the hamper. every freakin day. but, I love him and it's not like I don't pick up way grosser things than his smelly socks daily.
we have a dog. she's black and I can prove it....her hair makes little black piles all over the house. I vacuum daily. I think she must run through the house at night and shake any loose hair off of her body and remakes the piles. maybe it's some super secret doggie CIA mission and she's pissed that I keep vacuuming it all up?
we also have a hamster. I will admit here that I love the hamster. genius! small cage, small food dish, water bottle....done. I clean the cage once a week and then do not have to do anything else for her except give her an "O" of Apple Jacks or Cheerios every morning as her treat.
OK, I think that's a good first post. in other words, the kids are all asleep and I if I'm going to have my shower in peace, I have to go take it now or else someone will hear me up and decide that they cannot live without water, an extra blanket, or a bandaid on something.

No comments: