Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"If You Build It, They Will Come"

ding, ding, ding.....to those of you who recognize that quote


so, you know how you have little things(well, some of them may be huge ass projects)that need to be done around your house? and they never seem to get done? well, if you don't and are married to Martin Stewart or Joe McGuyver, then fine, go suck it. the rest of you, you will understand my happiness today.

let me just give you a little view into things that make Sandi cringe and say bad words underneath her breath and curse her husband to a long, slow, painful death.

garage door. hasn't opened with the click of that magical little button in,
like, so long that I can't exactly remember how long I have had to manually
open and close the m-effer. now, I know.....it's not horrible. I'm perfectly
able bodied and capable of opening and closing a garage door by myself. but.
but. I have the button. and it didn't work for such a looooonnnng time.

kid's bathroom. has had ugly, uneven tile for about 4 years. hard to keep clean.
has bugged me. a lot.

fence. has been needing a few little tweaks here and there for about 10 years.
some of the gates don't work unless you use every freaking muscle in your
body. pita. BIG PITA.

side yard. 2 huge, beautiful oak trees flourish there. nothing else grows there.
have needed to plant some shrubs to cover the dirt scape that is there. needs
"prettifying". need less of the "oh look, they grow dirt" look.



so, like any Type A woman out there, I made a list. I typed it up, bolded each heading, I even fucking used bullets on it. oh yes, I used bullets!

and I placed the list in an area that I knew the Man would see. right in front of the coffee pot. because we all know he can't function on less than 4 cups a day.

and....some of the items on that bulleted, pretty list...they have been done!

slap me sill and call me Nancy.

if I had know the power of the list, I would have started this shit long ago!!!!!!

IF YOU WRITE A LIST, IT GETS DONE


who knew?


as of this very moment.....
I have new tile laid in the bathroom, I shall be happy as can be to grout it in
the 'morrow.

I have a working garage door opener!!!!!! I almost feel like singing an Hallelujah
everytime I press that little button.

plants are being researched as to which would be best for side yard.

no mention of fence. yet. but I have faith.

2 comments:

copmom said...

Awesome!! The power of a list - what promises did you type out at the bottom of the list? :)

Sandi said...

bwhahahahahahaaaaa...if you only knew!