Sunday, April 11, 2010

sickness variety

when I am sick, all I want is to be in my bed. alone. and for someone to check on me periodically to make sure I am indeed still alive. don't touch me. don't try to lay down and snuggle. give me some space to sleep off the germs and then I'll be back to regularly scheduled life.

kids get sick. this is no surprise to anyone. they never wash their hands and eat dirt. of course they will get sick. the past 2 weeks in my house have been sickly.

first, the daughter complained of a sore throat. but she went to school. I came home from work at 6:30PM and found her laying ion the couch, 103 temp, and when I asked her what hurt, she started to cry. off to the afterhours clinic we go.
she had strep.
2 days later and she is 100% normal, feeling groovey.

then, Spring Break arrives. oldest son has a headache. and a fever. and then throws up a few times. feels better for a day and then the whole cycle begins again. finally his headache goes away and he sleeps about 12 hours and feels better.

next day arrives and littlest son has the grossest, liquid, foul smelling diapers I've ever witnessed. no fever. eating normal. acting normal. just horrid diapers.

now, oldest son has diarrhea. school is supposed to start again tomorrow. and I'm almost out of diapers. if you're reading this, please send up a prayer for regular poops and no fevers.

No comments: