Saturday, March 28, 2009

I hate when people eff with my computer

OK, so for a few weeks now, the printer will not work. Says it is online, says it is working. Well, in fact, NO! it is not working. If it's not printing, I would say that means that the printer is not working. If the name of what you should do is in your name and you are not doing that thing, than there is a problem.
So, I have unplugged.
I have rebooted.
I have dusted. (hey...it needed to be dusted back behind there anyways. I do it at least twice a year.)
I have spoken nicely. Whispered sweet nothings to it.
I have yelled. Even cursed.

Guess what the problem was? Someone, and I know who this someone is. This someone was in my home resetting my computer modem with a "new, better modem" a few weeks ago. Right around the same time the printer stopped working.....
The cable guy unplugged my printer from the printer plug and plugged it into the webcam plug. wtf? I don't even have a webcam.
And I had to laugh when I pulled my computer out and looked at the back.... this Dell really is made for idiots. (no comments, please) There are not only names for each plug, as in..."Monitor", but there is also a little picture of the monitor. So there's no confusion as to what gets plugged in where.
I guess my cable guy either 1) cannot read words or pictures or 2) does this shit for kicks to see how many gray hairs he can cause to 30 something women trying to figure out why their printer stopped printing.

I can now stop talking to my printer. It is working as it should. Continue with your day.....

No comments: