Wednesday, March 4, 2009

growth spurts and Twilight

how do these 2 things correspond to one another? let me tell ya.
I have not read Twilight in any shape or form(meaning no, not even my ipod version with the freaky ass woman who makes Edward sound totally gay and creepy with that scene after the blood typing that they LEFT OUT OF THE MOVIE and he says..."Bellllaaaaaaaaaa"...sort of like he is is trying to add more syllables to the name, I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I do not like that chick's voice) in about 3 weeks. gasp. yes, 3 weeks have gone by and have not been found sitting on my ass with a book open and a nice glass of wine and maybe a girl scout cookie or 2 nearby. well, eff the cookies, I'll save my calories for an extra glass of wine, thankyouverymuch.
anyways, I decided to start reading Twilight again. well, I CAN'T read New Moon because my niece has had it forever and a day and must think her college courses requiring reading are more important than her Aunt's slight fixation on these books. but fine. whatever. see who loves you? just wait and see who brings you nada back from Acciocon, girlfriend.
so I started reading it...not even really sure what time this would be. let's just say...a lot. and I tell you, my children decided then and there that they are starving and although they ate dinner about 20 minutes ago, they need and require more food or they will start the whining.
we had dinner.... I even cooked. (yes, I know...another collective gasp)
we had spaghetti with home-made meat sauce, salad, garlic bread. they each had a serving and ate it all. said they were full. said it was great. well, the littlest Little did not actually say it was great, but when he decided it was quicker to use 2hands to shove noodles into his mouth and seemed happy to be doing so, I took that as a 1 year old version of, "wow, Momma, this is an awesome dinner!"

OK, so I had JUST sat down and read like 5 pages when they entered...."we're hungry".
me- "do you want more dinner or would you like some dessert? we have ice cream for dessert, I was just going to wait until you took your showers and then give you some..."
big Little-"I'd like a hamburger."
middle Little-"can we go to Steak 'n Shake?"
me-"umm, no, we cannot go to S 'n S. we just ate dinner. did you forget that meal we just ate, sitting in the kitchen at the table, all together?"
"I have extra spaghetti and bread and salad, why don't I fix you another plate?"

big Little-"do we have steak?"
middle Little-"can we go out for Chinese?"

I'm seeing that they are not interested in more spaghetti.

"no, we do not have steak right now, and no, we cannot go out for Chinese right now. maybe we can go out for Chinese another night this week. and maybe Daddy can grill steaks another night. but for now, how about an apple?"

"do we have ice cream?"
and this is where I start twitching and looking at my book and thinking that life in Forks couldn't be all that bad.

but I cut up 2 apples, got out some cheese sticks and grapes, and a spoonful of peanut butter for the littlest Little(he hadn't bathed yet anyways, so a little peanut butter in his hair was no biggie)and they ate. and then I put little man into the bath tub and the older 2 had ice cream. and then at about 7:55PM, the big Little said that he really did want some more spaghetti and he proceeded to eat the remaining spaghetti that was supposed to be his Dad's lunch for the next day.
this child goes for weeks barely eating. nibbling on this or that, never a member of the clean plate club. and then, BAM! I pick up Twilight and he becomes an eating machine.

yet just another example of the magic that is Twilight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol.

Uhm...I have a formal request from the hubby department for more 'special twilight links'....just saying.

Also, YOU BETTER BRING ME SOMETHING BACK PRETTY FROM THAT ACCORDIAN THING! Uh. Please? Loves ya!

Sandi said...

the accordian thingy.....ya do know that Emmett/Kellan Lutz will be there, right? shall I package him up with a bow for ya? ;)
oh, and no problem on the special links, let me put a list together for you....