Thursday, March 5, 2009

whaaaaaaaaaaattt did you say?

I think perhaps Hell hath frozen over and pigs are currently flying out of my butt.
last night, during dinner, which of course the 2 older Littles refused and picked at because "the rice looks different"...wtfever, kids. I made it. I cooked. I'm eating it. so what if it looks a little "different"(cooked in crock pot so it was a bit more mushy than the norm).
and, btw, the man is such a nonhelper in these situations. when will he learn to keep his mouth shut or simply say, "your Mom is right"? 15 years of training and you know what came out of his mouth? "hmm, I see what you're talking about. the rice is a little different. but, you should try it. I put extra butter on it and it's pretty much OK tasting." NO NO NO!!!!!! do NOT give them validation that simply because the rice is cooked differently than just plain old boiling water that there may be some issue with the rice being edible. do NOT tell them that by adding 5 tablespoons of butter to 1 serving of rice is acceptable!

anyways, once we got over the whole rice issue, my oldest child said the best thing EVER!

"Momma, I really think we need to go to bed early tonight."

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (sound of Heavens singing the joys of the blessings of children)

hot damn! (probably shouldn't mention damn and Heaven so closely, huh? sorry God)

so the man and I had an exciting night planned of.....catching up on movies. we have HBO and something else for free right now, so we thought, "hey! we could actually watch an R rated movie tonight!"
you know what we realized? we haven't been missing much. all of these years of putting movies off until DVD release and then forgetting about them...no biggie.

we watched "Unbreakable" with Samuel L. Jackson and Bruce Willis and Sean Penn's wife.
SUCKED

then we watched the Fantastic 4 Part Two...Surfer something guy.
SUCKED

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are weird.

Go buy a rice cooker! Seriously...best-purchase-EVER! I got this one...

http://www.citychef.ca/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=17945

You throw it in, hit the thing and walk away. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Plus, once it's done (25-35 minutes) it keeps it WARM. Oh yeah!

Sandi said...

I refuse to buy another kitchen appliance that would somehow imply that I am weak and gave in to the Littles and their rice requirements. and anyways, I have to get rid of the other shit that is sitting in my cabinets right now and never used before I buy anything else kitcheny. 'cuz that does look kinda cool.