Thursday, March 12, 2009

Take 2 Motrin and call me in the morning

so, I guess Thursdays are tough when you're in Kindergarten. I picked them up, was #6in car pick-up line. (YES! I think that's my best time yet! I think some of these other Moms live at school and are #1 and #2 constantly...but that's another post, I'm sure)picked up my paycheck, went to the bank, Target and home.
my daughter told me that she was tired. that was my first clue that somthing was up. 5 year olds do not announce their fatigue. they go go go go go and then they drop to the floor and fall asleep.
then she asked if she could change into jammies when we got home. in case she fell asleep, she'd already be in jammies. I can't argue with that logic, so I said that was fine.
we got home, she immediately went to her room and changed into her jammies and appeared 5.2 seconds later on the couch.
and then she said it.....
"can I have 2 Motrin and just take it easy today? I had a rough day."

what could have happened in Kindergarten that was so rough? but, I got her the Motrin and juice. her blankies. a cold rice pack for her head. and put on Thumbelina. she's happy now.

we all have those days. even at 5.....

No comments: