Friday, January 4, 2008

we're freezing in sunny Florida

yes, that is ice. in Central Florida. and yes, that is the Elmo sprinkler that was turned on for a bit so that my children could see what ice on the yard looks like. poor Elmo.
so, I'm just not cut out for cold weather living. in theory, I think that snow is beautiful. the crisp, cold air is invigorating. the clothes are kinda bulky, but if everyone is wearing a parka, than it's OK to wear a parka, right? however, these past few days of unseasonably cold weather here have waken my ass up about cold weather. I hate wearing layers of clothing. I hate needing to wear shoes for the purpose of keeping my feet warm, not just to keep sand out of my toes. I hate having to dress my children in layers of clothing. especially the baby. he hates socks as much as his Momma does. and the fleece outfits(actually they are sleepers, but who cares, right? if we're inside the house and he is warm, than a sleeper can serve as an outfit for a 9 month old).
my feet are cold. I think my blood is cold. my body feels cold and it is 50 something outside. I walked out to get the mail and had to have a cup of hot tea when I came back inside.
and people live in this frigid condition for months on end? good God, give me my flip flops and sandy toes any day. if you're reading this, please send warming vibes to Florida. this Momma needs it to be at least 70. soon.

No comments: