Sunday, January 6, 2008

Santa was on drugs when he gave this particular gift to my children

so...Santa. Santa is great, isn't he? I absolutely LOVE to see the excitement of Christmas and Santa in my children throughout the season. especially Christmas Eve and morning. but, here we are at January 6th and 1 present that Santa gave us is still in about a million pieces spread out all over my kitchen table.
Santa brought them a log cabin kit. it's sort of a rugged dollhouse. Jack and Erin are both excited to play with it when it is done. yes, Santa brought a toy that needs a frickin general contractor to put it together. it even has a video for instructions.(not that the man has watched said video....no, far be it from my manly man to succumb to (gasp) directions!
so, we have worked on this thing quite a bit, yet it does not seem to have put a dent in the pile of wood that is still there for parts. it even has furniture that you have to put together. and a gabled roof. and you have to cut stuff, too. oh, and the best part of this kit.....none of the pieces of wood are marked or labeled in any way. yeah, so you have to measure and find each piece and there are pieces that are only 1/8 inch in difference. good God, I may just have to put this thing on display by the time it is finished, because I don't know that my heart could take it to see my children do something like stand on it. (they climb/stand on everything. I thought it was a passing phase, but the 8 yr old still does it, so I guess it's genetic.)
so, upon completion of the Shenandoah Log House, there will be a party. in my kitchen, using the kitchen table once again for something other than a sawhorse.
to be continued......

No comments: