Monday, January 21, 2008

next home project? watch out Bob Vila!!!

well, the dollhouse is still sitting in the exact same spot it was from my last post. this does not mean, however, that we have not been working on something. I decided Martin Luther King weekend was the perfect time to...tile the kitchen.
all of the tile is now on the floor. half of the kitchen is grouted. walls have been painted. a new stove is arriving tomorrow. I'm hoping by the end of the week I will have a fully functional kitchen again.
on a side note...the knee pads would have helped, a lot. my knees hurt. my back hurts. my rear end hurts. my hands are all dry and I had mortar in my hair.
the man and I only yelled once at one another. there were many entertaining moments, though. I really think we should have filmed it and sent it in to Bob Vila or Ty Pennington or something. there used to be a show on called Hometime. not sure if it is still around or not, but we loved that show. it was a man and a woman who did home projects and they used to fight like cats and dogs about every 3 episodes or so.
hmm, I guess I'd better go grout some more.

No comments: