Saturday, November 1, 2008

and the candy, oh the candy!

Halloween 2008 was definitely a success here in Florida! perfect weather, slight chill to the air, clear night. no mosquitoes. that's a first, I believe.
we had a Dementor, a karate girl and a monkey. the monkey only trick or treated for about 15 minutes until Grandma arrived and then he was left with Grandma for a night of all consuming spoiling to occur. I think they both enjoyed it, however apparently there was an incident where my little precious love did not want his diaper changed and proceeded to have a screaming, rolling, hitting fit while Grandma tried to wipe poop and cover him with a fresh diaper. I fixed the diaper when I got home....it was only fastened on one side and somehow he had not peed all over the house and himself.
we trick or treated down the street, picked up a neighbor and added him to the mix, and then went around almost the whole neighborhood.
2 huge bags of candy came home with us. the Dementor has discovered the joys of Pixie Sticks(after I instructed him on the proper eating technique, poor kid was trying to suck the sugar out, thus turning it into a stuck together sugar plug). the karate girl likes Starburst. the monkey had a Dum Dum and then stuck it to his Daddy's head.
I also got a bit of running into to night. neighbor boy decided he was done and I took him home and then ran back to find my group. while I was gone, a convertible had driven by and gave out Jello shots to the adults, candy to the kids. I always miss out on the good stuff.
and here we are, I was a Twilight Mom :)

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Clifford was the girl's daytime costume...she felt she needed to change and be a kick ass karate girl for actual trick or treating:)

meee, dirty???????????????