Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I have a 10 year old today!

that seems wayyyy too old to me. or I seem wayyy too young to have a 10 yr old child. (yeah...biologically I could have a 20 yr old child or so, but thank God the condoms never broke or anything back then)
I used to think it was good to start out older to have kids. I had my first in 1999 and turned 30 a few months later. now I have a 10 yr old, a 6 yr old, and a 2yr old and will turn 40 in a few months' time. that sounds so wrong.
he has had a good birthday. doughnuts for breakfast, chocolate chip cookies for snack at school for all, going out to dinner at his choice tonight. (Steak 'n Shake, it is)

we had the kid party on Sunday. local movie theater has a party room...excellent idea, right? everyone sees a movie together(Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs)and then they all go to the party room afterwards for cake, or in our case...brownies.
10 kids were there. and me.
movie was fine. only had to take my daughter to the restroom once.
party room was literally my own personal little Hell for an hour. what was I thinking giving these kids soda and sugaring them up on brownies and then having to wait for an hour before their parents came and got them????? good Lord, I had boys screaming and running throwing things that were not intended to be weapons at one another.
10 yr old boys are a breed of their own. they won.

1 comment:

copmom said...

Soon he'll be 16, and you'll be dreaming about the movie theatre party room! :)