Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MIA in my own house


my daughter, she's wonderful. she's 4. she caught a lizard yesterday and fell in love with "her" and named her Lizzie. we simply could not put Lizzie back out in the yard. she was an orphan and had no other lizard friends and she would be so sad if we put her back there. (I guess they had quite a long talk)
so, awesome Momma that I am...I got out the old fish tank and wiped it out and now Lizzie has a nice little home. she seemed quite content, for 1 day.

this morning, the damn tank was empty!(see above EMPTY tank) Lizzie is MIA in my house. with a dog who eats anything. and a baby who will eat anything he can get a hold of. I truly hope Lizzie is still in good lizard mode and can run fast. for her sake. and the baby's sake...I so do NOT want to be that Mom who calls the pediatrician and asks, "umm, is it a problem if my child just ate a lizard?".

I looked and looked. she is either already outside and watching me, laughing her little lizard ass off at me, or she is hiding underneath something, probably still laughing at me.

No comments: