Thursday, November 29, 2007

November is almost gone


where has this month gone? it seems as though it was just last week that I posted, but, looking at the date, I see I am once again wayyyyy behind.


hmm, major highlights of November include:


Luke has started crawling! he does an Army crawl(just like J did) and he can get to wherever he wants to, and fast! watch out for any toys that you do not want to be chewed on! he also really likes to eat. he has no teeth yet, but that has not stopped in at all. he has had spaghetti, turkey, pizza crust, and scrambled eggs.


J is doing great in karate, almost ready to test again. this time, he will get a red stripe on his yellow belt, then the orange belt is next. he made the all A/B Honor Roll for 2nd grade! and, he's doing great with his reading, he reads for 30 minutes every night, and we don't have to remind him every night anymore, which is nice:)


E is just into everything, as usual. she is loving school, and will add a 4th day to her school week after the holidays. the girl never stops talking/singing/humming/whistling. it's a little exhausting. OK, a lot exhausting. she is also very artistic these days. she has started a little gallery in our bedroom, adding a picture here and there.


as for me, I had a procedure done the week before Thanksgiving called Essure. it's a new alternative to the standard "getting your tubes tied". why did I get this done? because my husband is a chicken shit and couldn't possibly go through a vasectomy. anyways, I'm fine, procedure was relatively easy and in 3 months I will not have to take birth control pills ever again.

I also hosted Thanksgiving dinner for about 12 people. everyone else brought side dishes, so I didn't have to do a huge amount of cooking, but I did do the turkey(and it came out really yummy!). I stuffed it with sweet onions and navel oranges, then glazed it with honey and butter. thank you Food Network!


the man is doing well, too:) he is getting over a cold, so he has been a little more grouchy lately, but he is now able to breathe through his nose again, so he's getting nice again.

No comments: