Wednesday, December 5, 2007

the child is trying to kill me

OK, it is 3:35PM right now as I type, and I seriously need a drink. a strong drink. maybe 2.

my 4 year old just up and decided to go over to a neighbor's house to play. without asking me! I was doing laundry, going in and out of the garage. she was watching PBS, and then when I came back in, she wasn't there. I assumed she was in her room playing, so I continued to fold and put away a load of laundry. then, when I was done, I realized it was really quiet. Luke is asleep, but usually when Erin plays by herself, she talks or sings to herself. no noise.

I looked in her room, empty.
I looked throughout the rest of the house, nobody home but the baby and myself.
just then, Jack got home from school. I asked him if he had seen Erin outside, he said nope.
then, I panicked.
I asked him to stay home with Luke while I went outside and looked in a few spots where she plays in the yard.(behind a big tree, in the bushes, in the playhouse)
then, I walked next door and knocked. who comes to the front door with my neighbor? Erin.
omg, it was one of those "do I want to strangle you or hug you first moments"! my neighbor apologized, she said she assumed I knew where she was.

so, all of my chicks are home now, safe and sound. the 4 year old chick will remain home for the remainder of the day, in her room. I'm ready for that drink now. my hands have stopped shaking enough to pour one now......whew

No comments: